PRE ENGINE CHECKS
- Check vehicle history.
- Check timing belt replacement interval.
- Check for damage to bodywork, lamps, trims and oil level.
- Fit protective covers.
- Check condition and operation of all seat belts.
- Check operation of interior and exterior lights.
- Check operation of ABS and air bag warning lights.*
- Check air conditioning operation including bad odour.*
- Check windscreen washers and wipers.
- Check horn.
- Check operation of suspension dampers.
- Lubricate all door hinges, locks, and bonnet catches.
- Apply Forté treatments to remove internal contamination.
- Check fuel cap.
UNDER THE BONNET
- Check cooling system including fan operation.
- Check and record Anti-Freeze protection.
- Check and record brake fluid condition.
- Check all auxiliary drive belts (not timing belt).
- Check engine breather system.
- Check vacuum pipes.
- Check power steering operation and fluid condition.
- Check throttle body. Clean if required.
- Check battery level and lubricate terminals.
- Check and top up all under bonnet fluid levels.
- Replace air filter.*
- Replace spark plugs.*
- Replace fuel filter.*
- Replace pollen filter.*
- Change oil, filter and fit new sump plug washer.
- Check fuel lines and brake pipes.
- Check the condition and security of the exhaust.
- Check and top up axle and transfer box oil levels.*
- Check and top up gearbox oil level.
- Check all steering and suspension joints, mountings and gaiters.
- Carry out tyre report.
- Check all wheel bearings for excessive ‘play’ and noise (adjust).
- Check CV gaiters and joints for wear or splits.
- Check clutch cable/cylinder.*
- Grease all greasing points.*
- Check operation and condition of front brakes.
- Check operation and condition of rear brakes (inc. handbrake).
- Carry out brake report.
- Refill engine with specified grade oil.
- Torque wheel nuts/studs.
- Locking wheel nut key location.
- Carry out diagnostic check.†*
- Reset service interval indicator.*
- Road test vehicle and report any findings.
- Re-check engine oil level.
- Ensure all upholstery, gear lever, steering wheel, etc. are clean.
- Stamp service book(s).
*where applicable †additonal charges may be applicable